90 Stories for 90 Years
To celebrate our 90th Anniversary, we will showcase stories from customers who have supported Viberg throughout the last nine decades.
We want you to share the life stories you have created in a pair of Vibergs.
Did you have a pair passed on to you from a family member? Did you get a pair for a special occasion? Have you built a collection you are proud of? Or did you just love a particular leather? Anything goes.
Upload a photo of your Vibergs in the world, along with an 800 character story (or less) telling us why you love your Vibergs. Be as authentic to your experience as you can - we just want to hear about you.
Follow us on Instagram (@VibergBoot) and tag us in your photo (@VibergBoot). Add three hashtags #viberg #vibergboots and #90DaysOfViberg to qualify. Keep reading for more details.
The top 3 winners will be announced in December, 2021, just in time for the Holidays.
A fully customized Made-To-Order boot of your choosing.
Up to $1,600 USD in Value.
Pick any pair of Viberg Boots available in your size from the online shop.
Up to $1,200 USD in Value.
A prize in the perfect size -- Viberg Gift Card
$1,000 USD in Value.
The 90 finalists will receive a complimentary Viberg Gift for their submission.
1. The contest submissions will open July 14th 12:00am PST and end on August 20th 11:59pm PST.
To be eligible you must be over the age of 18, and a resident of Canada or the USA (Excluding Quebec).
3. How to Enter:
Make a post on Instagram of your Favourite Viberg Boots, along with a 800 character (or less) story about your boots. Tag us (@Viberg Boot) and use the hashtags:
#Viberg #VibergBoot #90YearsOfViberg to qualify.
Note: if you have a private account you will have to make it public until the submission window has closed.
Submissions that are poor quality will not qualify.
Only one entry per person will be used *Please read FAQs for more information.
The Selection Process
Phase 1: 90 finalists will be chosen by the Viberg Team
Phase 2: Each finalists story will be featured on our Instagram Stories over the course of 90 days. One story will be posted per day, starting on September 1st. If you see your story, repost to your page and spread the word to your friends, family and network.
Phase 3: Once all 90 finalists have been posted to our IG stories, we will open up the polling to the public on a custom Gallery Page for 48 hours. People will be able to vote for their favourite image and story over the course of 48 hours to determine the top three contestants.
Who can enter?
Anyone over the age of 18 in the USA or Canada (Excluding Quebec)
How many entries do I get?
Limited one entry per person
What are the requirements?
You must make an Instagram post with an image of your favourite pair of Viberg Shoes/Boots. In the caption add an 800 (or less) character story about your favourite pair. Add #90yearsofViberg onto the caption
How will the contest be judged?
Once the submission window has closed, we will choose the top 90 photos and post each one on our Instagram feed for 90 days.
Once all 90 finalists have been posted to our IG story, we will open up a 48 hour IG stories voting poll for the public to vote for their favourite photo.
After 48 hours the entries with the most votes will be our winners
What are the prizes?
All 90 finalists will receive a complimentary Viberg Gift valued at $90 USD.
3rd Place: A $1,000 Viberg.com Gift Card.
2nd Place: Pick any Pair of Viberg Boots available in your size from the online shop. Up to $1,200 USD in Value.
Grand Prize: A fully customized Made To Order boot of your choosing. Up to $1,600 USD in Value.
What are the important dates?
Submissions dates: July 14th to August 20th, 2021
90 day posts released between September - November, 2021
Voting dates open November 29th - 30th, 2021.
Winners Announced - December, 2021
1. Eligibility: No purchase is necessary to enter. The 90 years of Viberg Contest is open to legal residents of the USA and Canada (Excluding Quebec). Entrants must be 18 years of age or older as of their date of entry in this promotion in order to qualify. This giveaway is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and void where prohibited by law. Viberg's employees, its subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, and directors (collectively the “Employees”), as well as members of an Employees' immediate family and/or those living in the same household of Employees are ineligible to participate in the 90 years of Viberg Contest.
2. Sponsorship. The sponsor is Viberg Boots, located at 202-429 Hillside Ave Victoria BC, Canada V8T 1Y6. Sponsor will conduct the 90 years of Viberg Contest substantially as described in these Official Rules.
3. Agreement to Rules: By entering this 90 years of Viberg Contest, the Entrant (“You”) agrees to abide by the Sponsor's Official Rules and decisions, which are fully and unconditionally binding in all respects. The Sponsor reserves the right to refuse, withdraw, or disqualify any entry at any time at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. By entering this 90 years of Viberg Contest, You represent and warrant that You are eligible to participate based on eligibility requirements explained in the Official Rules. You also agree to accept the decisions of the Sponsor as final and binding as it relates to the content of this 90 years of Viberg Contest.
4. 90 years of Viberg Contest. Entry Period: This promotion begins on July 14th at 12:00 am PST and ends on August 20th at 11:59 pm PST (“Entry Period”). To be eligible for the 90 years of Viberg Contest, entries must be received within the specified Entry Period.
5. How to Enter: Eligible entrants can enter The 90 years of Viberg Contest by posting a photo on Instagram of their favorite pair of Viberg Boots, with a 800 character story pertaining to their Vibergs and hashtagged with 90yearsofViberg . As a participant, your entry must fully meet all 90 years of Viberg Contest requirements, as specified in the Official Rules, in order to be eligible to win a prize. Incomplete entries or those that do not adhere to the Official Rules or specifications will be disqualified at the Sponsor's sole discretion.
6. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the 90 years of Viberg Contest. (the “Winner”) will receive [prizes and retail values of reach]. The actual/appraised prize value may differ at the time the prize is awarded. The prize(s) shall be determined solely by the Sponsor. There shall be no cash or other prize substitution permitted except at the Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is non-transferable. The prize is non-transferable. The Winner, upon acceptance of the prize, is solely responsible for all expenses related to the prize, including without limitation any and all local, state, and federal taxes. The Winner shall not transfer assignment of the prize to others nor shall the Winner request the cash equivalent or prize substitution. By accepting the prize, the selected Winner grants permission for the Sponsor to use the Winner’s likeness, entry, and name for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
7. Odds: The total number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning
8. Selection and Notification of Winner: The Winner will be selected by under the supervision of the Sponsor. The Sponsor will notify the Winner(s) through Instagram direct message in December 2021. Winner selection. The Sponsor is not responsible for nor shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to email security settings that may cause notifications to be marked as spam or junk email. Nor shall be Sponsor be liable for the Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the Winner 1) fails to claim the prize within [7 days] from the time the award notification was sent, 2) is found ineligible, or 3) does not complete and return an executed declaration and release within the specified timeframe, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner may be selected. Receipt of the prize (offered in the 90 years of Viberg Contest) by the Winner is upon the condition of compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. IF THE WINNER VIOLATES ANY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, THE WINNER (AT THE SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL BE DISQUALIFIED, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
9. Rights Granted by You: By submitting an entry (e.g., text, video, photo, etc.) into this 90 years of Viberg Contest, You understand and agree that the Sponsor, any individual acting on the Sponsor’s behalf, and the licensees successors, and assigns of the Sponsor shall, where permitted by law, have the right to print, publish, broadcast, distribute and use in any media known now or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, worldwide, and without limitation, your submission, name, photo, portrait, voice, likeness, image, statements about the 90 years of Viberg Contest, and your biographical information for news, publicity, advertising, promotional purposes, trade, information, and public relations without any further notice, review, consent, compensation, or remuneration. Entries must be original work and not violate anyone’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. You shall defend or settle against such claims at your sole expense, and You shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Sponsor from any suit, etc.
10. Terms & Conditions: In its sole discretion, the Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the 90 years of Viberg Contest should non-authorized human intervention, a bug or virus, fraud, or other causes beyond the Sponsor’s control, impact or corrupt the security, fairness, proper conduct, or administration of the 90 years of Viberg Contest. The Sponsor, in the event of any of the above issues, may determine the Winner based on all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the Sponsor. Individuals who tamper with or attempt to tamper with the operation or entry process of the 90 years of Viberg Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions will be disqualified by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. In its sole discretion, the Sponsor has the right to maintain the integrity of the 90 years of Viberg Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: [identify any disallowed entry methods that will result in votes/entries being voided; examples: multiple entries from the same user; multiple entries from the same computer beyond the number allowed by the [90 years of Viberg Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering.] Attempts by any entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the [90 years of Viberg Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. If any such attempt is made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. Limitation of Liability: Your entry into this 90 years of Viberg Contest constitutes Your agreement to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its subsidiaries, representatives, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, successors, agents, assigns, directors, employees, and officers against and from any and all claims, liability, illness, injury, death, litigation, loss, or damages that may occur, directly or indirectly from participation in the 90 years of Viberg Contest and/or the 1) Winner accepting, possessing, using, or misusing of any awarded prize or any portion thereof; 2) any type of technical failure; 3) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, phone, or Internet service; 4) unauthorized intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; 5) electronic error or human error in the Promotion administration or the processing of entries.
12. Disputes: THIS 90 years of Viberg Contest IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF CANADA AND BRITISH COLUMBIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. The Entrant agrees, as a condition of participating in this promotion, that if any disputes cannot be resolved between the Entrant and the Sponsor, and if causes of action arise out of or are connected with this 90 years of Viberg Contest, they shall be individually resolved exclusively before a court located in [your state or province] having jurisdiction, without resorting to any form of class action. Under no circumstances in any such dispute shall the participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this 90 years of Viberg Contest. The participant waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
14. The 90 years of Viberg Contest hosted by Viberg Boot is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram.